CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Finally!

I'm finally starting to lose weight.  I decided to do South Beach for a while just to kick start the weight loss.  Exercising alone just wasn't doing it and when I don't see results week after week, I get discouraged and quit.  So now I'm feeling better and I just started week 3 and have added in a serving of fruit each day.  Still no bread, pasta, rice, sweets.  It got hard around days 9-12 but I suppose now I've trained my brain, as they say you do.  I rarely have the cravings for carbs like I did.  I can't say it's easy to get a salad when my family gets cheeseburgers and fries at fast food joints (not that we eat out so often.)  I've been trying to avoid them and when we do stop somewhere, I try to go to Wendy's where I can have chili.  And it's not easy to snack on cheese sticks and nuts when my hubby is eating chips and salsa.  It's especially hard now because my son Max is playing baseball.  Games are twice a week and at the concession stand they sell all those fattening goodies like cheese dogs, cheese fries, nachos with chili and cheese, meatball hero's, chicken nuggets, onion rings....the list goes on!  What do I get?  A cheeseburger and throw the bun away.  And I get to watch my husband eat the greasy fries that I wanted so badly.  Breakfast?  Forget about it...I'm sick of eggs, but having a piece of fruit with them now makes it much more bearable.

I am losing weight, I just can't tell you how much because my scale is wacky.  For the first time in years, someone actually said to me "WOW! you're losing weight!"  YES!  I am! 

Maybe by the end of August, I won't be so embarrassed to sit next to my size 6 sister on the beach.

5 comments:

  1. Good for you!! Im proud of youfor sticking to it. You have great will power, especially with all the baking you do. I wish I had your will power. Some day the weight will go away, I hope. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment! And no matter what size you are, I'm sure you look beautiful sitting next to your size 6 sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to have found your blog! I have 4 boys of my own ages 7, 5, 2, and 5 months. It's always wonderful to meet other moms of boys.

    Congratulations on your weight loss. I've got weight to lose & haven't found the motivation to really get started. Maybe some of your success will rub off on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Yeah, losing weight is hard, especially, when you, like me, love carbs! Good for you for eliminating the hardest ones (i.e., breads, pasta, rice, etc.).

    I found your blog through MBC and am now following. Please follow me back at:
    http://mommyhoodnextright.blogspot.com
    -Jessica a.k.a Nya's mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saw this post. I've been MIA for a while on my blog. I started a new diet last week. I've come up with my own combination that works for me. I have taken the South Beach 2 foods and combined them with Weight Watchers points system. It's working!! I lost 6 lbs this week. I'm not starving and if I do get a hankering for something other than the SB foods I just have them and count the points. I keep my good carbs very minimal but I do have them.

    Good luck girl!!
    Nikki
    thehousewifechronicles.net

    ReplyDelete