CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sweet Endings

Oh what a week!  I started out this week set to do South Beach so I can kick start this weight loss.  I've had many-a-temptation, but I've resisted and it feels good....mentally.  Physically I've been exhausted!  It can only be because of the week I've had and not the diet.  The last time I did this no carbs thing, I felt great!  I was energetic and my skin cleared up and I was losing weight too.  This time?  Well....I'm not energetic, my skin looks the same and I'm not really sure if I've lost any weight because some little boy lost the pointer thingy, and yes, that's a technical term, and my scale has been wacky.  If I lean to the left, I'm much lighter, so I suppose I'll go with that number!

I had to take Zach to the orthodontist on Wednesday to have a thicker wire put on his braces and as we were getting ready to turn into the plaza where AC Moore and Michael's are, we saw a horrible accident complete with a medical helicopter.  I always get shaken up when I see car accidents.  They terrify me.

I also got started on 75 wedding cake shaped sugar cookies I had to make for today.  Thursday, Friday and today I spent decorating and wrapping the cookies and making a 4 tier wedding cake.  That much work makes for early mornings and late nights!  But I love doing it and I was very pleased with the results.  I'm completely worn out and am welcoming the little break before my next order.

Have a happy and safe Memorial Day!

By the way, what do you think of my cake?  I think it turned out beautiful!  This was the sweet ending to my stressful week!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks fantastic! I really admire anyone with the patience to do this kind of thing. Let's just say that I can handle a two tier cake and not all too well... Hope you get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the cake is gorgeous! Love the black swirl...thinking it would look super on a turquoise cake:)

    ReplyDelete