CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 21, 2010

Poop! Poop!

Don't worry...I don't have any pictures to share with you this time. You're welcome.

Luke is now 22 months old and he's recently decided he doesn't like to wear his diaper. He does this thing where he pushes the back of it down so the crack of his butt hangs out. All the time. It's really kinda cute.

Now I know this is my clue to start potty training, I'm just really not looking forward to it. They have such little bladders and have to stop and pee every 10 minutes. Makes for looong outings with many-a-interruption. Anyway, that's not really where I was going with this.

Yesterday Luke woke up from his nap and had wet through his diaper and his pants were wet. I took them off and let him go bare butt for a while to air out his little bits. He had pooped earlier in the day so I wasn't worried about letting him go diaperless for a little while. BIG mistake!

I was in the middle of cleaning the boys' bathroom when Luke came running in and very excitedly yelled "Poop! Poop!" Naturally, with 2 dogs running around the house, I expected it to be from one of them. He ran out of the bathroom and into his bedroom all the while yelling "Poop! Poop!" When I came into his bedroom, he pointed to the floor and there it was. It wasn't from the dogs.....it was his.

Never assume they'll only poop once a day. I'm just thankful he didn't play with it. You're welcome for that mental picture.

Have a nice weekend.

6 comments:

  1. My son is 21 months old and he does the same thing with his diaper - pulling it down in the back. I am also dreading potty training. I don't even know where to begin with a boy. And you are brave letting him run around without a diaper. Everytime we take off my son's diaper and let him run around, he pees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping in and looking around from Follow Friday! And just became your newest follower! Yea! Hope you stop by and return the favor!

    My blog www.remodelaholic.com is all about interior design and remodeling there are some great tutorials so you can get the look you want on a budget! We also have a party every Friday to show off your stuff! And Sunday for Recipes links.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! I remember this all too well. You're right-he could have decided to decorate with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to make sure that Sam wears pants or his diaper will be off in seconds. And he likes to poop in the closet. At least I always know where to find it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack once painted his entire room with poop. I thought I had it all cleaned and shampooed, but it still smelled. I asked him if I didn't get some of it he then whipped back the curtain on his sliding glass door to reveal Poop Picasso all over the window. ugh....I feel your pain

    ReplyDelete