CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hand Me Downs

As you know, I've got 3 sons. What you may not know is that they're all 5 years apart and were born in June, July and August. Zachary is August 15th, Max is June 15th and I tried to have my OB induce Luke on July 15th but he wouldn't...boo! So Luke is July 26th. I never really thought about being Eco-friendly when I put Zachary's outgrown clothes and sneakers in the shed for Max, knowing that each season's fashions would sit in the shed for 4+ years. It was really all about money at the time. It's always been tight and clothes are expensive! Zachary was always so gentle on clothes and he grew so fast that he rarely wore anything out. I don't really get to put Max's old clothes away for Luke because he's very rough on clothes, ya know, the busted out knees, frayed shirt cuffs, stains in every possible spot. Luckily I've got a friend from church who has given me 95% of Luke's wardrobe.

I'm glad now, for different reasons, that we were able to do the hand-me-down thing. What a perfect way to be more eco-friendly! Do you do hand-me-downs?

1 comment:

  1. they are the best. Half of my wardrobe is hand-me-downs. I have saved all of jacks clothes and if we have another I have plans to alter them if its a girl.

    ReplyDelete