CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Eh, who needs sleep?

It's beyond me what his thought processes are. I wish he came with a husband manual. My husband likes to stay up late......every night. Sometimes I don't even wanna know just how late. So he gets to deal with the midnight wakings of the resident toddler. Lately his decisions regarding said toddler have been quite puzzling.

Luke developed a double ear infection late last week and was taking Motrin for pain. Sometime in the middle of the night, hubby came in to the bedroom, woke me up and asked me what time Luke could have his next dose of meds. I told him he really should wait until 1am. The next thing I know, I'm hearing my toddler come in and out of my bedroom....like 3 times.....in a row. Naturally, I get up to see why he's not in bed. Hubby answers "because I'm letting him stay up 'til his next dose of Motrin" YOUR WHAT?!?!?!? Are you INSANE??? So at this point, it's midnight. Yep, he was gonna let Luke stay up for another hour, running around the house and playing.

Last night I heard Luke's little feet running up and down the hallway and had to get up again. As I walked into the living room, he's climbing onto the couch and his father is giving him tortilla chips! When I asked hubby why he wasn't in bed, he said that Luke wasn't tired and he was giving him 5 minutes. NO! NO! NO! I did not spend the last 22 months trying to keep him on a good sleep schedule for you to undo it because you don't think he looks tired!

I scooped him up, put him in bed and turned on his turtle night light. As I walked by hubby on my way back to bed I was seriously wondering how often this kind of thing happens. Luke is up every night at least once. Is DH the reason why? Is this the reason why Luke is such a daddy's boy?

Well, with any luck I can get this sleep thing turned around. Men.....sigh.

1 comment:

  1. following back....I have 3 boys too but I always have 1 little Princess too :)

    ReplyDelete