CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 15, 2010

Flubber!


This weekend my boys and I made homemade flubber! Everyone in the family enjoyed playing with it. Here's the recipe

1/3 cup water
3 Tbsp. Borax (found in the laundry isle)
2 cups white glue (such as Elmer's)

2 cups water

food coloring (optional)








First dissolve the borax in 1/3 water. In a separate bowl mix the glue and the 2 cups water (now is the time to add color if you like). Once your borax is dissolved, mix into the glue mixture and get dirty! Use your hands to mix and knead until the water is absorbed. I ended up making more of the borax/water mixture because it just wasn't absorbing the liquid like I though it should.




A safety note to parents wanting to try this fun concoction...Borax is toxic if ingested so I don't recommend trying this with little guys (or really letting them play with it for that matter...just in case they decide it looks tasty!) I made this with Zach (11) and Max (6). Luke (20 months) has not been allowed to play with it as he likes to put everything in his mouth.


This was a quick and fun family activity that provided hours of fun for my boys and I. Max and I rolled it into a ball and played catch with it. We made hand prints in it, bounced it, tore it and made piles and watched it ooze all over the counter! Your flubber makes a nice mess if left on carpet or fabric so don't make that mistake (we were picking pieces of flubber out of the carpet for a bit on Saturday). It can be stored in a large ziploc bag.




2 comments:

  1. Fun! I need to do this :)
    sara http://myfrugalfunlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I following from MBC

    You can find me here~
    http://debshere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete