CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Twas the night before school...






Twas the night before school, when all through the house, not a child was stirring, not even my spouse! The backpacks were laid by the door with care, in hopes that they wouldn't leave them there.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of recess danced in their heads. And pappa in his flannels and I in my apron, he went to bed and I was a-bakin'.

When out of his room, Max came with a clatter, pappa sprang from the bed to see what was the matter. Away to the hall I flew like a flash, turned him around and started to laugh.

The dirt on the bicycles lain in the front yard, today they had been ridden really quite hard. Morning came and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a sleepy sixth grader ready to start a new year.

With brand new clothes and even cologne, he thinks with the girls he will surely be known!

I wake up my Max and give him his slacks, he dresses with speed and I don't have to plead!

Patties of sausage and eggs on the table, I tell them to come eat whenever they're able. Finish with haste we've no time to waste, if you don't clean your plate you're sure to be late.






It's really quite strange we're actually early, they've plenty of time to make they're teeth pearly.

To the top of the porch, to the front of the car, having ten minutes to spare sure is bizarre! We buckle our belts and the nervous energy is felt, we go down the road, we're finally in school mode.

I drop them at school and Zach looks so cool, with his new skater look, he's off the hook. His wristbands and chain complete his outfit, he's sure looking hot, there's no doubt about it!

Max's face looking so excited, with his friends he'll soon be united. My heart filled with pride and I almost cried as I watched my first grader wave see ya later.
Now I am home and what do I hear? So quiet and peaceful I could shed a tear. We're so happy to begin another great school year, but soon we'll be wishing for summer to be near.
What will Luke do with the house to himself, no brothers to bother him and mom to his self! He'll nap without being woken and I'll be soft spoken for mommies love naps more than babies perhaps.
I think I will clean and make the floor sheen for a very brief stint my mirrors will glint. More than two rooms this time I'll take away the grime until two thirty and they make it dirty.

It seems my kids got a couple of extra days at home. My boys just went back to school this morning and mommy is one happy camper! I started writing this last night but couldn't keep my eyes open, so I had to finish today.

4 comments: