CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Al's Big Buys


Let me start by saying that my day began with me stepping both feet into some squidgy dog crap in my laundry room...I just love my dogs! Must be my hubby fell asleep before their midnight tie-out to relieve themselves. This really was an indication of how the rest of my day went.

So, Luke and I dropped the rest of my brood off at school and we headed to Monticello, coupons in hand. He was very good, mostly, until he decided he wanted to be carried through the store. I'm on a mission to get Spray N Wash and Bagel-fuls. Of course they don't even have 1 Spray N Wash, at least not the one I wanted. No problem, I'll get it in Liberty. We got our shopping done and went to check out. The girl got through my first, and largest order. I go to get out my debit card and surprise, surprise...no debit card! Now, I don't have credit cards...not anymore anyway, so I can't pay with a credit card! My next move is of course my check book. As my luck would have it, I had given Cory the last check yesterday to pay for the boys' AYSO registration. GREAT!!! So, I ask the cashier to suspend the order so I can go to the bank and withdrawal some money. I have to load Luke into his car seat and drive to my bank, which luckily is in the same parking lot.


Back in business, cash in hand, we go back into SR and pay for the groceries. I'm thinking I've still got a couple of hours before I need to pick the boys up from school as they had a half day today. I got everything including my 22 pound plus the car seat baby into the car and sit to look at my receipt because it just seemed high to me. Thankfully, I was right! I purchased Chex Mix Bars that rang up wrong. So now I have to get Luke and the car seat back out and go into SR only to find that I only brought 2 of my 3 receipts in with me. The girl gave me my refund for the 2 I brought in and then I had to go back out to the car and bring back the third.

Few...shopping's done and I still have some time before I need to get the boys.
Got the boys and took them to lunch at McDonald's in Liberty so I could use the rest of my coupons that came while I was in Monticello. That all went surprisingly well, until I began backing out of my space at SR. I just shift into reverse and turn to look when I hear a very loud banging on the passenger side window!!! Have you ever??!! I wish I would have payed attention to Zach's face when she pounded right by his ear. So she says to me in a not-so-nice tone "you can't put your cart back??" I'm absolutely floored by this woman! I would NEVER even think of doing that! So anyway, I say "No, I can't, I have 3 kids in here and won't leave them" Yes, I could have and should have sent Zachary to put it back, but after the day I had already had, I was being lazy. So she's obviously annoyed as she pushes a cart toward the cart return and doesn't actually put it in. I then said to her "you didn't even put yours back!" to which she said "that's YOUR cart, I'm just pulling in. Don't you teach your kids manners?" Now, maybe it's me, but I don't really think putting my cart back has anything to do with manners. And in an un-Christian like tone I said "No, no I don't!" and I backed out.

Both the boys were like "Oh my God, she was RUDE!!!" Poor woman must have been having a worse day than me to have reacted like that.

So, anyway, here are my "big buys" for this week.

12 boxes of Chex Mix Bars regularly $3.29 each, on sale for 6/$9.99. With my coupons for .50 cents off that double to $1.00, I got them for .66 cents each and a total of $7.92

6 giant Hershey's Special Dark bars regularly $1.42 on sale for $1.17 minus coupons for $1.00 off each for a total of .17 cents each and a total of $1.02

10 boxes of Bagel-fuls regularly $2.79 on sale for $2.39 minus my coupons that doubled to $1.50 off each for a total of .89 cents each and a total of $8.90.

9 SoBe Lifewater $1.00 each minus coupons that doubled to .80 cents off each and ended up being .20 cents each and a total of $1.80.

12 Spray N Wash on sale for $1.64 each, with my coupons that doubled to $1.00 off each, ended up being .64 cents each and a total of $7.68

2 Sani-Hands for Kids (because we're visiting the Bronx Zoo this weekend) $2.99 each minus my $1.00 off each coupons for a total of $1.99 each and a total of $3.98.

Now here's the very biggest of the "big buys".......drum roll...............


40 boxes of assorted sizes Hefty One Zip baggies regularly $2.34 on sale for $1.00 minus my coupon that doubled as much as it could for .55 cents off for a total of ...drum roll......04 cents each! Yes, that's right I said .04 cents each! A total of $1.60 for 40 boxes!
I did, however, pay for most of my coupons which was a total of $8.00.
My total savings...$125.56 for $32.90 plus the cost of coupons for a grand total savings of $84.66 and I won't have to buy bags for a year or four!


And I always bring my canvas bags which also get me .05 cents each.


Yesss....I love it!
And, yes, my pantry and every cupboard looks like a mini grocery store! And I like it that way!

2 comments:

  1. yep, ur the culprit and why i had to get a raincheck for spray n wash tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job though, wish i had those hefty coupons! must check to see if i have the chex ones, and i think i might have one more bagelful one too...yet another trip to SR this week!

    ReplyDelete