CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 22, 2009

Al's Big Buys 5/17-5/20-5/21






This week I made 3 trips to SR, so far. I may end up making a 4th. Some weeks I have so many coupons to use I couldn't possibly do it all in one trip. I try to split my trips up between Liberty and Monticello for 2 reasons. One being that if something is on a really good sale and runs out in one store, I check the other. The second reason is that Monticello has a wider variety of items than Liberty and sometimes I can't find certain items in Liberty. I prefer Liberty. I'm there so often that some of the cashiers and managers know my name and I've NEVER introduced myself...strange. I also think when someone comes through with $100 worth of coupons on a regular basis they tend to be a little more memorable!

Yesterday I met my sister in Liberty to shop. I'm "training" her to coupon like me. So when she checked out, she did so about 20 minutes before me. I checked out on the isle next to the one she did with a really nice guy named Aaron. The cashier that checked her out (a kid named Corey) turned to me and said "do you have a sister?" so obviously I said I did. He said "yeah, she was just here and she warned us that you were here too. She said you were teaching her to coupon like you." I love the reaction from the cashier when they realize how much money I've saved. Until they got to know me, they would always ask "WHERE did you get all these coupons?!"

On to my savings for this week (so far).

I've learned to look for certain cashiers because they NEVER check the dates on my coupons. Actually in the 6 months or so I've been heavy duty couponing, only 1 cashier has checked dates. My sister used coupons for granola bars yesterday that expired in March! That said, my Powerade, Ball Park, Sense & Spray and Finish (Electrasol) coupons were ALL expired.

This is what I got.
40 Powerades normally $1.00, on sale for .79 cents minus .75 (doubled to $1.50) off 2 for a total of .14 cents each. EXPIRED on 5/17.
13 Wet Ones canisters on sale for $1.24 minus my coupons for .75 off doubled to $1.50 ending up being FREE!

11 Kraft BBQ sauce normally $1.19 on sale for .89 cents. Using my .75 cent coupon, they actually doubled to the full $1.19 off on 8 and doubled to $1.50 off of 3! Then for the first 2 sets the computer spit out a $2.00 coupon off your next shopping order. My Kraft BBQ sauce MADE me $8.23!!! Makes up for paying too much for the coupons which I paid $3.00 for (really paid $6.00 for 22, but shared half with my sister, so my half cost me $3).

2 snack size packs of Twix and 2 packs of Milky Way. They were on sale for $1.25 each and I had 2 coupons that I'm noticing now didn't get put in right. They were supposed to be BOGO, so my cashier should have taken off $1.25 2 times, but ended up taking off .69 cents 2 times...? So, they should have cost me $2.50 for 4.

2 Marcal TP, yes, more TP...99 cents for each ended up being free with my coupons.
2 Barilla Mini Wheel pasta on sale for $1.25 each minus my $1.00 off 2 for a total of $1.50 for 2.
12 Renuzit Air Fresheners (my boys have decided it's really cool to have them in their rooms...don't know why???). They cost $1.00 each and I had 2 coupons for $1.00 off 6. I ended up paying $10.00 for 12.
7 more Luigi's Italian Ice still on sale for $1.99 minus my .75 off coupons doubled to $1.50 for a total of .49 cents each.
2 Ball Park hot dogs on sale for $1.49 each minus my $1.00 off 2 for a total of $1.00 each. I also have more coupons coming for more hot dogs. I'm planning on stocking up now for Max's birthday party. $1.00 per package for MY favorite hot dogs is CHEAP!! (Expired coupons!)

3 Edge shaving gel priced $2.49 minus my .75 cent coupons doubled to $1.50 for a total of .99 cents each.

2 Snyder pretzel pieces on sale for $2/5 minus my $1.00 off coupon for a total of 2/$4.
3 Tabasco sauce (which I do NOT use...am slowly finding homes for the 5 I have from last week and this week) on sale for .99 cents minus my $1.00 off coupons, and yes, they took the full $1.00 off so they paid me .03 cents to take their Tabasco.
7 Tyson Chicken nuggets/patties on sale for $2.49 minus my coupon that doubled to $1.10 off for a total of $1.39 each.
6 Finish (formerly Electrasol) dishwasher packs priced $2.99 minus my EXPIRED coupons for $2.50 off for a total of .49 cents each.

4 B & M baked beans (the large cans) on sale for 4/$5 minus my $1.00 off coupon for a total of 4/$4.

20 Propel fitness water on sale for $1.00 each. My .50 cent coupons doubled to $1.00 off making them FREE accept for tax which was .04 cents each!

3 El Monterey Tornados on sale for $1.99 minus my $1.00 off coupons for a total of .99 cents each. Plus attached to the packages are forms that allow you to send in your register receipt to receive $5.00 worth of coupons or a refund up to $3.00 if you're not happy with the product.

3 Ritz and 3 Wheat Thins each $2.50. I had coupons for buy 1 Ritz and get 1 Wheat thins free PLUS 2 $1.00 off ritz coupons. I ended up paying $5.50 for 6 boxes of crackers.
1 Sense & Spray starter kit regularly $8.99 on sale for $6.99 minus my $4.00 off coupon making it $2.99. I also had a coupon for 1 free refill when you buy 1 starter kit. So that was priced $3.99 and I got it for free. Total of $10.98 for $2.99.
I also got 12 packages of Borden singles which I didn't have coupons for, but was worth mentioning because they're on sale for .99 cents each.
The cost of my coupons this week was $13.57. My baked good sales on Ebay pay for all my coupons! My total for this week was $367.37 for $205.43 plus my coupons =$190.00 for a total savings of $148.37!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing job as always! On my second trip to Shoprite this week I had also gotten the shaving gel for 99 cents. I don't buy the air freshner stuff, but having the coupons makes me want to buy them! I should save the coffee and air freshner coupons for you!

    ReplyDelete